Today in America:
- 80% of the 15-35 year-olds in America declare they are not born again
- 94% do not believe in one or more of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity
- 76% do not attend church
- A strong majority have no problem with same-sex marriage 1
We are fully confident that 16,000 hours of non-Christian K-12 education has played a major role in the loss of Christian faith in this generation.
The Secular worldview teaches:
- God does not exist
- We are cosmic accidents
- Hope is only found in scientific discovery
- Religion and science are opposed to each other
- Science is based on fact while religion is based on faith, fear, and ignorance
- Morality is relative. What is wrong for you may not be wrong for me
- There is no absolute standard of right and wrong because there is no absolute lawgiver
- The Bible is full of errors and irrelevant to modern life
The majority of textbooks used in non-Christian schools are written from a secular perspective. Approximately 90% of America’s children are being trained to think from the perspective of this godless worldview.
The battle for the soul of America is being fought in the arena of worldviews. The classroom has become the #1 battlefield!
“It has been the error of the schools to teach astronomy, and all the other sciences, and subjects of natural philosophy, as accomplishments only; whereas they should be taught theologically, or with reference to the Being who is the author of them: for all the principles of science are of divine origin. Man cannot make, or invent, or contrive principles: he can only discover them; and he ought to look through the discovery to the Author.”
Click here to read a story about the tragic consequences of a young man trained with a secular worldview compared with the success of a young man trained from the biblical perspective.
The college environment is even more aggressively anti-Christian
The late secular professor of philosophy Richard Rorty said, “Parents who send their children to college should recognize that as professors we are going to go right on trying to discredit you in the eyes of your children, trying to strip your fundamentalist religious community of dignity, trying to make your views seem silly rather than discussable.”
For 13-15 years, our children hear the same secular message, and many stop believing in the faith of their childhood.
Studies suggest that nearly 80% of Christian young people who attend a secular college abandon their Christian faith by the time they graduate.
Unless the foundational philosophies of our current education system are reversed, it is not a question of if, it is only a question of when America will become a completely secular nation.
But there is hope if we engage in the battle for the soul of America being fought in the classroom. Learn how Renewanation is transforming culture.
1. Thom S. Rainer and Jess W. Rainer, The Millennials (B&H Books, 2010), 90, 232-236.
Back to top